There is no place that Lev Tolstoy loved more than his estate of Yasnaya Polyana. The great Russian writer was born here and wrote many of his most famous works here including Anna Karenina and War and Peace, he is also buried here after his body was returned from the station at Astapovo where he died. Yasnaya Polyana was his favourite home and was considered the ‘nest’ of his family. A visit here allows you to surround yourself with the world of Tolstoy and his work.
Together with the estate’s architectural ensemble, the landscape of the estate has been preserved for more than 100 year how it looked in 1910, the last year of Tolstoy's life. All the items and furniture in the rooms are authentic and give an impression of the homely atmosphere of Tolstoy and his family. In total the museum has over 50,000 items and the most unique of them are the personal belongings of Lev Tolstoy, including his library which has been included on UNESCO's Memory of the World List.
• 08:00 •
Transfer from your hotel to Yasnaya Polyana Estate. The driver will meet you in the lobby of your hotel with a sign saying .
• ~10:30 •
Arrival in Yasnaya Polyana Estate. .
Guided tour around the estate. The highlights of the tour are:
- Prishpekt alley - the main alley in the estate where Tolstoy loved to walk. It is lined with trees planted by the author himself.
- Tolstoy’s House – the house where Tolstoy lived for over 50 years and where he wrote many of his works. It is kept as it looked in 1910 when the author left it for the first time.
- The Kuzminsky Wing – the building used as a school for local children by Tolstoy and later as a house for guests. Today it holds temporary exhibitions.
- Tolstoy’s Grave – a place where millions of fans of the author's writing come each year to pay their respects. Tolstoy chose the site during his own lifetime and the grave is very simple without any fancy features, which is exactly as he wished.
Duration: 1½ hours
• 12:30 •
Free time in the Estate. You can have lunch at the cafe which is located just next to the Estate.
• 14:00 •
Transfer to Moscow.
• ~17:00 •
Arrival to Moscow.
• COST OF THE TOUR •
|PRICE PER GROUP||1-2 PAX||3-4 PAX||5-6 PAX||7-8 PAX|
- Car rental with a driver for transfer Moscow-Yasnaya Polyana - Moscow
- Guided tour around Yasnaya Polyana with a local guide.
- Entrance tickets to museums.
- Personal expenses.
- Tips for guide and driver.
- The tour is available the whole year round.
- The tour is available in Other languages upon request.
• CANCELLATION POLICY •
DATE OF CANCELLATION
|FROM 60 TO 45 DAYS BEFORE THE DEPARTURE||10%|
|FROM 44 TO 15 DAYS BEFORE THE DEPARTURE||30%|
|FROM 14 TO 7 DAYS BEFORE THE DEPARTURE||50%|
|LESS THAN 7 DAYS BEFORE THE DEPARTURE||100%|
• TULA •
|City tour of Tula|
Tula, which has a reputation as a city of masters. The city was also awarded the title of Hero City of the Soviet Union due to the courage and heroic deeds of its citizens and the soldiers defending it during the Second World War. During the reign of Peter the Great, Russia’s first weapons factory was opened here to make arms for Russia's war with Sweden. As a consequence Tula became the arms manufacturing centre of Russia.
Tula is also especially associated with the manufacture of Russian water boilers known as samovars and there is even the saying “Don’t take samovars to Tula” the Russian equivalent of carrying coals to Newcastle. In addition to weapons and samovars, the city is also famous for its sweet spiced bread known as ‘pryanik’. They are baked in a special carved wooden form, some of which were especially made for special occasions and used only once, such as one in the form of the profile of Emperor Nicholas II created to mark his coronation.
Duration: 2h. | Transportation: by a private car