Standing on a hill next to the embankment is the pretty blue Intercession Church. The church dates from 1763 and was built in the hexagon-on-cube form with a small bell tower attached via a closed vestibule. In 1918 the church was closed and used for accommodation and as a storeroom. In 1943 the church was reopened. Between 1943 and 1988, the Intercession Church was the only functioning church in Tambov.
|Location||2 Kronshtadtskaya Ploschad|