The ornate St George's Church in Yendovo is an example of the beautiful architectural style known as Russian Uzorochye. It dates from 1653 although an earlier version stood here since at least 1588. In the 1670s and 1680s the church was extended to include a tent-dome bell tower and a refectory. However this original bell tower was destroyed in a flood in 1786 and a simpler replacement was built in 1806. In 1935 the church was closed and used by various organisations, but maintained in a good condition. In 1992 it was returned to the Orthodox Church and became a podvorye (embassy church) of the Solovetsky Spaso-Preobrazhensky Monastery.
|Clock||6 Ulitsa Sadovnicheskaya|