Further down Ulitsa Bolshaya Polyana is one of the most colourful churches in Moscow - St Gregory of Neocaesarea's Church at Derbitsy. The current stone version of the church was built between 1668 and 1679 and is an example of the decorative Russian barque style known as Uzorochye. The church has five grey domes which stand on turquoise tholobates whose bases are decorated with orange and green kokoshniks. The attached tent-dome bell tower is painted in the same colours. In 1938 the church was closed but was eventually returned to the Orthodox Church in 1990.
|Location||29A Ulitsa Bolshaya Polyanka|