Around halfway down Ulitsa Bolshaya Polyanka is the Dormition Church at Kazachya Sloboda. The current version of the church was built between 1695 and 1697 as a traditional 'octagon-on-cube' structure in the Moscow baroque style. The church was enlarged between 1797 and 1798 with the construction of a vestibule and a classical-style bell tower. In 1922 the church was closed and used as an archive, it was eventually returned to the Orthodox Church in 1994 and services began being held there again in 1994.
|Location||37 Ulitsa Bolshaya Polyanka|