In 1703 work started in replacing the mid-17th century Ss Cosmas and Damian's Church and after several delays and setbacks the new church was finally completed in 1722. It is also known as the Annunciation Church due to its central altar being dedicated to the Annunciation of the Virgin Mary and only a side-altar being dedicated to Ss Cosmas and Damian. In the 1920s the church was closed and threatened with demolition, but in the end only the top tiers of its bell tower were removed. In 1991 the church was reopened and restoration work was started. Its bell tower was rebuilt in 2015.
|Location||2 Stoleshnikov Pereulok|