Uspenskaya Pereulok off Ulitsa Petrovka gets its name from the Dormition Church located there (Dormition is 'uspenie' in Russian). The full name of the church is the Dormition Church at Putinki, like its neighbour the Nativity of the Virgin Mary Church at Putinki. Putinki is derived from the Russian word for way ("put") as it was built on the main road from Moscow to the Troitse-Sergieva Lavra. The church was completed in 1676 and is decorated with two rows of kokoshniks and five domes. The church was closed between 1922 and 1992.
|Location||4 Uspensky Pereulok|
|Metro||Tverskaya, Pushkinskaya, Chekhovskaya|