Around half way up Ulitsa Dolgorukovskaya is a bell tower and part of a refectory which is all that remains of St Nicholas' Church in Novaya Sloboda. The church was built between 1672 and 1703 on the orders of Tsar Alexis to replace an older wooden version. In the mid-19th century the church was extended and in 1905 a new classical-style bell tower was added. However in 1936 the church was closed and subsequently turned into an Antireligious Museum, before being given to the Soyuzmultfilm studio who still own it today. The main part of the church was demolished and a new five-story building was built in its place, meaning only the bell tower survives.
|Location||25 Ulitsa Dolgorukovskaya|