Situated just off Ploschad Tverskaya Zastava on the corner of Ulitsa Butyrsky Val and Ulitsa Lesnaya is the pretty St Nicholas' Old-Believers Church. Construction of the church began in 1914 and it was only consecrated in 1921 after the revolution. In style the church comprises a traditional Russian white-stone church and features a beautiful mosaic of Christ's face over the main entrance. Just a few years after being consecrated the church was closed in 1935. It was later used as the workshop for the sculptor Sergey Orlov who worked on his monument of Yuri Dolgoruky here. The church was returned to the Russian Orthodox Old-Believers Church in 1993. Today the church is located immediately in front of the White Square Business Centre, creating an interesting contrast of the traditional and the modern.
|Location||8/3 Ulitsa Butyrsky Val|