Belorussky Railway Station was opened in 1870 and became the sixth railway station in Moscow. Originally it was called the Smolensky Railway Station as it connected Moscow with Smolensk. It was renamed Brestsky Railway Station in 1871 after the connection with Brest in Belarus was completed. In 1912 the current building of the station was completed and it was renamed once more and became Aleksandrovsky Railway Station. In 1922 it became known as the Belorussko-Baltiysky Railway Station and finally in 1936 it gained its present day name of Belorussky Railway Station. During the war troops departed for the front from here, which is commemorated in a plaque on the outside of the station.
Today long distance trains to Smolensk, Rybinsk, Kaliningrad, Belarus, Vilnius, Warsaw, Prague, Berlin, Nice and Paris leave from here and suburban trains (elektrichki) serve the Smolensk direction. The 30-minute aeroexpress train to Sheremetyevo airport also runs from Belorussky Railway Station.
|Location||7 Ploschad Tverskaya Zastava|