Situated in Park Chermyanka in the very north of Moscow next to the MKAD ring road in Moscow's Lianozovo District is the Altufievo Estate. The village of Altufievo is known to have existed since 1585 and the first estate and park were built here in the mid-18th century. The original estate house was reconstructed in the Russian gothic style in the mid-19th century and then once more in the early 20th century. Close to the estate house is the beautiful red-and-white-striped Exaltation of the Cross Church at Altufievo which was built between 1760 and 1763 in the baroque style. The church remained open for practically the whole of the Soviet period. Between 1992 and 1995 it was renovated to such an extent that some architects and historians claim that its historical value has been lost. To each side of the church there are two chapels and in front of it are some gates, all of which are decorated in the same style as the church.
|Location||147 Altufievskoe Shosse|