In 1673 Tsar Alexis ordered that a church be built north of Moscow on the pilgrimage route from Moscow to Sergiev Posad. Work began in 1676 and the Our Lady of Tikhvin Church in Alekseevskoe was completed in 1682 after the tsar's death. In 1824 a bell tower was added. The pretty red and white church is an example of the elaborate Russian Uzorochye architectural style with five domes above three rows of kokoshniks. The church remained open during the Soviet period. Located in the church's grounds is the Alekseevskoe Cemetery.
|Location||130 Prospekt Mira|