Standing on Sokolnicheskaya Ploschad between Sokolniki metro station and the entrance to Sokolniki Park is the Resurrection of Christ Church in Sokolniki. The church was built between 1909 and 1913 in a modern style in the shape of a cross. It has a central golden dome standing on a tall tent-dome, surrounded on all sides by eight black domes. In the 1930s the church was given to the Renovationist Church but was returned to the Orthodox Church in 1943, remaining open ever since.
|Location||6 Sokolnicheskaya Ploschad|