The Lyublino Estate was first mentioned in sources in the 16th century around the same time as the village of Lyublino was first mentioned. It is suggested that its name derives from the Russian verb for to love 'lyubit'. The estate was initially owned by the Godunov dynasty. Later it passed to the Prozorovsky family and finally in 1800 a successful land owner called Nikolai Durasov acquired the estate and it is under Durasov that the estate took its present form. In 1918 the estate was nationalised and used to accommodate a school, police station and later apartments and a research institute. Finally in the 1990s the estate was restored and in 2005 it became part of the Moscow State Unified Art, Historical, Architectural and Natural Landscape Museum-Reserve which includes the Izmailovo, Kolomenskoe and Lefortovo Estates. There is free admission on the third Sunday of the month.
The estate is located in Lyublinsky Park to the south of the park's larger pond. Closest to the pond in the Estate House of Nikolai Durasov, which was built shortly after Durasov acquired the estate in 1801 and the architect Ivan Yegotov, perhaps with the assistance of Rodion Kazakov, is believed to have been involved in its construction. Today the estate house's restored interiors are open to the public and there are exhibitions on tsarist-era receptions, weddings and the table-setting traditions among the nobility.
Other buildings on the estate include a Theatre School which also dates from the turn of the 19th century and was designed by Ivan Yegotov. The school was built especially for Durasov's serf-actors who brought considerable fame to the estate, with even Empress Maria Fyodorovna visiting in 1818. In continuation of this tradition, there is also a working summer theatre on the grounds.
|Location||1-1 Ulitsa Letnyaya|
|Clock||10:00 - 18:00. Closed on Mondays.|