Partizanskaya metro was opened in 1944 and in its time it has been known as both Izmailovsky Park and Izmailovskaya. It was renamed Partizanskaya in 2005 to avoid confusion with the neighbouring Izmailovsky Park metro. The name Partizanskaya (Partisan) was chosen as the station is decorated with three statues dedicated to the Soviet partisan movement during the Second World War. At the end of the platforms, close to the exit, there are two statues of Russian war heroes: Matvey Kuzmin, who tricked Nazi soldiers into an ambush, and Zoya Kosmodemyanskaya, who was hanged by the Nazis for her partisan activities. The third statue is in the vestibule of the station and features an old man, a woman and a boy. This station is unusual as it has a third track which is used by trains terminating here to go to the depot.