The Moscow Podvorye of the Troitse-Sergieva Lavra is an embassy church for the famous Lavra in Sergiev Posad. Its origins go back to 1609 when Tsar Vasili Shuisky granted the lavra this land in the north of Moscow. The podvorye's main church is the Trinity Church which was built in 1696 and in form comprises a standard octagon-on-cube structure attached to a bell tower. Further back is the ornate St Sergius of Radonezh's Church which dates from the mid-18th century and also comprises a two-story building. In the 1930s the whole podvorye was closed and only reopened in 1992. Also on the territory is a shop which sells the full range of inventory for churches.
|Location||6 + 8 Ulitsa 2-y Troitsky Pereulok|