Around Ulitsa Varvarka

St Nicholas 'Krasny Zvon' Church

Just a little up Nikolsky Pereulok, is St Nicholas 'Krasny Zvon' Church. The church got its unusual name of 'Krasny Zvon', which can be translated as 'beautiful ringing', due to its bells. The first stone church was originally built in 1561 but substantially rebuilt in 1626 after a fire. In 1858 the surviving version of the church was built on the site of the original. In 1927 the church was closed and only reopened in 1996.

sights by districts  sights in Kitai-Gorod

Location 9Ac1 Nikolsky Pereulok
Metro Kitai-Gorod