Around Staraya Ploschad

Trinity Church in Nikitniki

Hidden out of view among the government buildings on Staraya Ploschad is the Trinity Church in Nikitniki, which is a stunningly beautiful example of the architectural style known as Moscow Uzorochie - a Russian type of elaborate baroque. The present-day version of the church was built between 1631 and 1634. In 1920 the church was closed and transferred to the State Historical Museum, which used it as a museum of the icon painter Simon Ushakov and then of ancient painting. In 1991 the museum was closed and the building was returned to the Orthodox Church and restored.

sights by districts  sights in Kitai-Gorod

Location 3 Nikitnikov Pereulok
Metro Kitai-Gorod