The St Nicholas' Church in Khamovniki was built between 1679 and 1682 although there has been a church at this location since at least 1625. In form the church comprises a standard cube structure attached to a small bell tower via a closed vestibule, but it is its style which makes it stand out. The church is an example of the Uzorochye style with elaborately decorated kokoshniks at the base of the domes and colourful details around the windows and on the bell tower. The church remained open during the whole Soviet period and was kept in a good condition.
|Location||2 Ulitsa Lva Tolstogo|