The current version of St Blaise's Church in Old Konyushennaya Sloboda was first mentioned in 1644 although it is known that an older version stood here since at least 1625. The simple church comprises a single-domed structure attached to a small bell tower via a closed vestibule. During Napoleon's invasion the church was damaged to such an extent that it was re-consecrated after restoration work in 1815. In 1939 the church was closed and it fell into disrepair. It was restored in the 1970s and 1980s as a building of architectural significant and eventually returned to the Orthodox Church in 1983 which began holding regular mass there from 1997 onwards. Inside the church retains fragments of 17th century frescos.
|Location||20 Gagarinsky Pereulok|