Located just outside of St Basil's Cathedral is a monument to Kuzma Minin and Prince Dmitri Pozharsky. The two men were the leaders of the Second Volunteer Army which successfully liberated Moscow from Polish interventionists in 1612 during the period known as the Times of Trouble. The monument was unveiled in a ceremony in 1818 in its original location on the centre of Red Square. It stood there until 1931 when it was moved to its current location to make way for military parades on Red Square.
|Metro||Okhotny Ryad, Ploschad Revolyutsi|