The impressive Russian gothic redbrick building on Ploschad Revolyutsi has had several functions since its creation and has been known by many names. It was built between 1890 and 1892 and was originally used as the Moscow City Duma. In 1936 the Lenin Museum was relocated here which existed in the building up until 1993. Since then the building was used as a store for the State History Museum. It was only in 2012 that the building was once again opened to the public as the Patriotic War of 1812 Museum. The museum details the run up, the course and the Russian victory in the war against Napoleon.
|Location||2/3 Ploschad Revolyutsi|
|Clock||10:00 - 18:00 (Thursdays: 11:00 - 21:00). Closed on Tuesdays.|