In 1817 it was decided to build a manege (riding school) to commemorate the fifth anniversary of the Napoleonic War of 1812. Construction of the manege was completed in 1825 in the neoclassical style. The building was used for its original purpose only up to 1831 when it was turned into an exhibition centre, which it remains today. In March 2004, on the day of the presidential elections, the building caught fire and was heavily damaged. However reconstruction work started almost immediately and the centre was reopened less than a year later. The manege is now the venue for various exhibitions, markets, concerts and other events.
|Location||1 Manezhnaya Ploschad|
|Metro||Okhotny Ryad, Ploschad Revolyutsi|
|Clock||10:00 - 20:00 (Thursdays 10:00 - 21:00). Closed on Mondays.|