The Svyato-Uspensky Monastery was founded in the 17th century as the Paroyskaya Hermitage, which existed up to 1764 when it was dissolved on the orders of Catherine the Great. Its only church is the simple yet beautiful Ancient-Dormition Church, which is the oldest stone building in Lipetsk dating from the 17th centurty. During the Soviet era the church was closed, its treasured looted and its superior executed. In 1996 the church was returned to the Orthodox Church and in 2003 the Svyato-Uspensky Monastery was established.
|Location||next to 80 Ulitsa Saltykova-Schedrina|