In what was once the village of Orlovka, which has since been incorporated into Naberezhnye Chelny, is Ss Cosmas and Damian's Church which is not only the oldest building in the city but arguably the most beautiful. The church was built between 1854 and 1859 using the funds of Ivan Stakheev, a successful merchant from nearby Yelabuga. It was built in the Byzantine Revival style, with a single large squat dome and a small bell tower, according to a plan by the famous architect Konstantin Ton. The church was closed in the 1930s and only returned to the Orthodox Church in 1990. Also located on the church's territory are two modern chapels: St Margarita of Menzelinsk's Chapel and St Andrey Rublev's Chapel.
|Location||37A Naberezhnochelninsky Prospekt (Orlovka)|