Just to the north-east of the Novy Gorod section is the former village of Borovetskoe which was incorporated into the city. The Ascension Cathedral which still stands here was built between 1872 and 1889 using the funds of Dmitri Stakheev, another member of the successful merchant dynasty from Yelabuga. The red-brick cathedral has a golden dome on its main part and another on its bell tower over its entrance. During the Soviet years the cathedral was closed. In 1989 it underwent restoration work and was reopened in 1990.
|Location||Prospekt Chulman (Borovetskoe)|