West of the Historical Centre

Intercession Church

The Intercession Church was built between 1795 and 1798 in stone replacing an earlier wooden version of the church, which was destroyed by lightning. During the Soviet years the church was closed and its features were removed so it could be used as a warehouse. In 1998 it was returned to the Orthodox Church and subsequently underwent reconstruction, returning it to its previous appearance.

Location 31 Ulitsa Leninskaya