Built as part of the city's trading rows in the very centre of the city is the Saviour Church, known as the Saviour in the Trading Rows (Spas na Torgu) in Russian. It was built during Metropolitan Jonah's building programme between 1685 and 1690. Previously a wooden church stood here which was built in the early 13th century but burned down by Polish Interventionists during the Time of Troubles. A second wooden church was built in 1654 as citizens were dying of plague and hoping for divine intervention to save them. This second version burned down in 1671. The current stone version was built in the traditional four-pillar style with five domes and decorated with ornamental engravings running around the church.
|Location||Ulitsa 50 Let Oktyabrya|