Located against the kremlin's eastern wall is the Avraamiev Monastery which is the oldest monastery in the city having been founded in the beginning of the 13th century. During the siege of the city in 1609-1611, the monastery was damaged and turned into a Catholic monastery. It only became an Orthodox monastery once again 1654 after the Russians retook the city. In 1917 the monastery was closed and only reopened in 2002. Inside is the baroque Transfiguration of the Saviour Cathedral which was built between 1753 and 1755.
|Location||20 Ulitsa Krasnogvardeyskaya|