In 1812 the French destroyed what were the Pyatnitskie Gates in the kremlin walls. In 1815 it was decided to build a church in the gap and St Tikhon of Zadonsk's Church was completed in 1816. Originally the church was used as a prison church for the prison which was located nearby. St Tikhon of Zadonsk's Church was closed in the Soviet times and it now holds a small museum dedicated to Russian vodka and a restaurant.
|Location||4 Ulitsa Studencheskaya|
|Clock||09:00 - 17:00. Closed on Sundays.|