This church dates from 1779 when it was built on the Petropavlovskoe Cemetery which in turn was opened in 1775 after a cholera epidemic struck the region and Catherine the Great prohibited cholera victims from being buried in inner city graveyards. The church is built in the baroque style with a small white-stone cube church attached to a red-brick black-domed vestibule. It remained opened until 1942 when it and the adjoining cemetery were closed. The surrounding area was used as a mass grave during the Second World War, which subsequently became the memorial park. The church used to hold a war museum, but was reopened for worship in 1997.
|Location||Ulitsa Meshkova, Memorial Park|