Located close to the Ipatievsky Monastery is St John the Theologian’s Church which was built between 1681 and 1687 to replace two wooden churches which burned down. The main part of the building is a four-pillar cube with five domes and attached to a bell tower. It was closed in the late 1940s but returned to the Orthodox Church in 1993 as part of the Ipatievsky Monastery. In 2005 it was separated from the monastery and became a parish church.
|Location||5 Ulitsa Pisatelya Osetrova|