The Transfiguration of the Saviour Church beyond the Volga is located in what was once known as the Spaso-Nikolskaya sloboda (settlement) and previously there was also a church dedicated to St Nicholas nearby. The Transfiguration Church was built in 1685 using the funds of local residents. Upon completion the interior of the church was decorated with frescos, however during the Soviet era the church was used as housing for a factory and the frescos were painted over. In 1968 restoration work was carried out on the building. Now the church has been returned to the Orthodox Church.
|Location||4 Ulitsa Volgarey|