St Elijah the Prophet’s Church is also known as the Resurrection of Christ Church to which it is also dedicated. It is located on the southern side of Volga in what was once the site of an ancient hill fort (gorodische). It was built between 1663 and 1703. The white brick church is made up of a small single domed building with a side-chapel on the back and a small bell tower on the front. It was closed in 1945, restored in the 1980s and returned to the Orthodox Church in 1990.
|Location||17A Ulitsa Dachnaya|