The Miracle-Image of the Saviour Church is located in the part of Kostroma historically known as Zaprudna. It was built in 1754 in the classical style, supposedly on the site where the Our Lady of St Theodore Icon re-appeared. Religious processions with the icon used to take place from the Dormition Cathedral to this church once a year. It was originally part of the Spaso-Zaprudnensky Monastery which was closed in 1764. The church is an example of an octagon-on-cube style of church with a single dome; a vestibule and a bell tower were added in 1864. The church was not closed during the Soviet period.
|Location||2 Ulitsa Zaprudnaya|