As its name suggests the Romanovsky Museum was opened in 1913 by Emperor Nicholas II during his visit to Kostroma. The museum is located in a beautiful two-storey building purposely designed to serve as a museum. Today the museum details the history of the Kostroma Region and its people, especially focusing on the Romanov and Godunov Dynasties, both of which have a connection to Kostroma. The museum is run as part of the Kostroma Historical, Architectural and Art Museum Reserve.
|Location||5 Prospekt Mira|
|Clock||10:00 - 18:00, daily.|