One of the main symbols of Kostroma is its Fire Watchtower. It was built between 1824 and 1827 with both the intention to protect the city from fire and to be a landmark. Restoration work was carried out in the mid-20th century and its octagonal watchtower was restored to its former glory. In 2005 the watchtower was transferred to the Kostroma Historical, Architectural and Art Museum Reserve.
|Location||1 Ulitsa Simanovskogo|