Although the Svyato-Vvedensky Convent is rather young having been founded 1991, its main church - the Presentation of Virgin Mary Church - was built between 1901 and 1907 in the Russian revival style with five black domes. The church was closed in the Soviet period and used as an archive for the KGB. It was only returned to the Orthodox Church in 1989 after a group of four women went on a 16-day hunger strike. In 1991 a decision was taken to establish the Svyato-Vvedensky Convent around the recently re-consecrated church.
|Location||23 Ulitsa Bazisnaya|