Ss Peter and Paul's Cathedral was built between 1723 and 1726 during the reign of Peter the Great. The cathedral is a wonderful example of the Russian baroque style popular under Peter the Great. It stands at 52 metres tall and is decorated with ornate details. Adjacent to the cathedral stands a 49-metre, six-tier bell tower, decorated in the same style. In its history the cathedral has been badly damaged by fire and subsequently restored several times. The Bolsheviks closed the cathedral in 1939 and used it as an archive; later in 1964 the lower part of the cathedral was turned into a planetarium. The cathedral was re-consecrated in 1989 and restoration work on it was carried out.
|Location||21 Ulitsa Musy Dzalilya|