Chistopol’s Museum of a District City was founded back in 1921 by a local historian, who became its first director. For a small provincial museum, it has a rather rich collection, which is housed in a grand two-storey mansion which once belonged to a merchant. The museum comprises several halls, including a recreation of the old mansion, a nature department, a section on the history of the production of Vostok watches and a hall on the history of the city, especially its merchant past.
|Location||8 Ulitsa Karla Marksa|
|Clock||09:00 – 17:00. Closed on Sundays and Mondays.|