Previously a wooden church dedicated to the Intercession of the Virgin Mary stood here in what was the Old Dragoon Settlement where Russian dragoons were stationed to protect the city. In 1765 a stone cathedral was built in the baroque style and is now the city's only example of baroque church architecture. The cathedral was closed in 1931 and subsequently used as a cinema. By 1970 the cathedral was practically in ruins and restoration work was carried out. The cathedral was eventually returned to the Church and the first services were held there in 1998.
|Location||26 Ulitsa Chkalova|