The main and prettiest cathedral in Volgograd is the Our Lady of Kazan Cathedral which serves as the eparchial cathedral of the Volgograd and Kamyshin Eparchy. The current version of the cathedral was built as a church between 1897 and 1899 in an eclectic style. After the October Revolution the church was eventually closed and used as a bakery. It was badly damaged during the Battle of Stalingrad but in 1946 the surviving shell of the building was restored in the Russian revival style and in 1948 the church was reopened, but now as a cathedral. The cathedral also recently underwent restoration work which saw the reconstruction of its original bell tower.
|Location||10 Ulitsa Lipetskaya|