Standing outside the city's grain elevator is a memorial to the marines of the Northern Fleet who died defending the building during the Second World War. Due to its height, the elevator was of great strategic value and the first battle for it took place in September 1942 when the Nazis managed to capture the building after the ammunition of the Soviet defenders ran out. It was later recaptured by the Soviets in January 1943. The memorial was unveiled in 1977 and consists of a statue of a marine.
|Location||12 Ulitsa Raboche-Krestyanskaya|