Pavlov's House ("dom Pavlova") is the name given to a four-story apartment block which became a base for Sergeant Yakov Pavlov and his platoon in September 1942. The 25 men managed to defend the building for 58 days until they were relieved by Soviet troops in November 1942. This was despite being bombarded by the Nazis several times a day, each day. After the war the building was restored and it now features a memorial to the heroic defence, demonstrating the sheer determination of Soviet troops against all odds. Just outside the house is a mass grave and various other memorials.
|Location||39 Ulitsa Sovetskaya|