St Nicholas' Church in Vladychnaya Sloboda dates from 1669 making it the third oldest surviving church in the city after St Sophia's Cathedral and St Demetrius of Priluki's Church. It consists of a traditional cubic structure topped with five domes which are its most striking feature as they are slightly larger than expected for such type of church. Attached via a small vestibule is a bell tower. The church was closed in 1930 and subsequently used as a workshop. In 1994 it was returned to the Orthodox Church in 1994 and underwent restoration which saw the reconstruction of its bell tower and domes which were demolished during the Soviet period.
|Location||108 Ulitsa Gogolya|