In 1590 the Gorny Convent was founded in Vologda and between 1692 and 1699 the Dormition Church was built inside, replacing an earlier stone version. In 1880 a bell tower and refectory were built on. In 1918 the convent was closed but the Dormition Church continued to function up until 1924 when it was turned into a cinema. The church has since been reopened but the convent has not been re-established. Some auxiliary buildings of the convent also survive to this day.
|Location||19A Ulitsa Burmaginykh|