Located in Vologda's Detsky Park (Children's Park) is the St John the Baptist Church in Roschenye, which dates from 1710. Previous to this a wooden church stood here which burned down in 1698. In structure the church is formed of a standard octagon-on-cube structure attached to a bell tower. In 1924 the church was closed and used as a anti-religion museum and then a children's theatre. It was reopened for worship in 2006. Inside, several fragments of early 18th century frescoes have survived.
Also within the Children's Park, just next to the church, is another statue of Vladimir Lenin.
|Location||Detsky Park, Ulitsa|