On Vasilievsky Island: Around Universitetskaya Naberezhnaya

S-189 Submarine Museum

S-189 Submarine Museum (October 2014)

The S-189 Submarine was built in 1954 and served 35 years before being decommissioned in 1990.  In 1999 it was sunk off the port of Krondstadt but  raised in 2005 and restored. In 2010 it was opened to the public as a floating museum, giving visitors the opportunity to look around the submarine which is classified by NATO as a Whiskey-class submarine.

Location Naberezhnaya Leytenanta Shmidta
Metro Vasileostrovskaya
Website http://museum-s-189.ru/
Clock 11:00 - 19:00. Closed on Mondays and Tuesdays.