On Vasilievsky Island: Around Prospekt Bolshoi

Annunciation Church

Annunciation Church (October 2014)

The first church in this part of the Vasilievsky Island was built here out of wood between 1741 and 1742. The current stone version was built next to the original between 1750 and 1762 in the baroque style. The architect behind both churches was Giuseppe Trezzini. Upon the completion of the new church, the wooden one was demolished. In the 1780s a four-tier bell tower was added on. In 1936 the church was closed and used as a store. It was only returned to the Orthodox Church in 1992 and was subsequently fully restored.

Location 67, 7-ya Liniya
Metro Vasileostrovskaya
Website http://hramblag.spb.ru/