On Kolomensky Island

St John's Lutheran Church

In 1842 an Estonian Lutheran community was officially formed in St Petersburg and in 1859 work began on building a proper church for this community.  The church was completed in 1860 and features a central bell tower over the main portal.  However in 1930 the church was closed and the bell tower was demolished and the building was used to hold clubs.  It was only returned to the Estonian Lutheran community in 1997 and the church was subsequently restored to its previous appearance. Today the Church is part of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Ingria and services are held in Estonian.

Location 54 Ulitsa Dekabristov
Website Sennaya Ploschad